[OM] Re: Trip to the big city - pro processing lab

Subject: [OM] Re: Trip to the big city - pro processing lab
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarriors@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:53:06 -0700 (PDT)
Indeed - no excuse.  But there are few options here, now.  Another thing
pushing me toward digital (along with the TSA).  Even though one loses the
option for real, big print quality when shooting only digital.  I shot some
really special digital IR images recently in New Mexico, but because I was
running out of CF cards, the images are only 1600 pixels wide.  A pity, they'll
never make really fine gallery images.

regards, Gary Edwards

AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The main pro lab in Dallas (The
> ColorPlace) barely admits doing E6 now - and they've done a
> rotten job lately. I've started taking my film to their
> satellite lab in Fort Worth, which is still doing a reasonable
> job. At least, no chemical smudges and less grit.

I'm sorry, but that grates me to no end. There should be NO
EXCUSE for schlock work. I struggled finding a decent lab for
years. Once I found Designed Images in Des Moines, my search
ended. This place is rock-solid consistant and clean. It's a
business-to-business type of place located in an industrial
park. I'll never let anybody else touch my E6 processing again.

Oh, they have some extremely high-end clientelle that probably
account for 75% of the production.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

http://mail.yahoo.com