[OM] Re: Zuiko lens values

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko lens values
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:14:30 -0400
Cc: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Values are highly dependent on the market, especially since the OM system was
discontinued.  Before that, the market was pretty predictable.  Since then,
certain, "more desirable" lenses have shot up in price as the market perceives
them to have higher performance or collectible value.

There are four sources that I'm aware of, with their age dictating usefulness

1. Mine at http://www.skipwilliams.com/olympus/zuiko_ebay_history.htm, which is
3 yrs old now and has data from 1999 to 2001.  Souce = Ebay

2. Gary Reese's at http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm ,
which has the most detail, as he took the time to do gradings of each item.
It's several years out of date, since 2002, a little newer than my data. Souce
= Ebay

3. Paul Farrar's at http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html, which I think
hasn't been updated for several years.  Only has ranges

4. A much newer site at http://www.haukeboe.com/?aid=187690, which has updates
to mid June, 2004.  No grading data. Souce = Ebay

You could also check KEH.com, as they have become something of a reference site
themselves.

Skip