[OM] Re: Zuiko lens values

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko lens values
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:12:49 EDT
The sites that Skip has referred you to are just about all you'd need to get
a good idea of value. Some other variables that need consideration come to
mind, such as-
Where the item is being sold. (Ebay, a camera store, a private deal)
The track record of the seller- (there's a large camera store near me that I
constantly wonder how they ever sell a used item since they ask outrageous
prices) The reputation of the seller- (I'd pay a bit more to buy that flash or
lens from Olympus America than I would from an unknown seller on eBay)
The market in general- as Skip said- the more rare items seem to be rising in
price. I'd add that the more common items are going down in price, what with
most of the world abandoning film completely for digital equipment.

If you are looking for something, it would make sense to ask here first. Your
risk is just about zero. A lot of our members have more than one of
everything, and maybe a wife in the background asking "How about selling some
things
rather than just buying all the time?!"

George S.