[OM] Wooo Hoooo . . . Found the Lens Hood!

Subject: [OM] Wooo Hoooo . . . Found the Lens Hood!
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:47:13 -0500
I'm concluding from the remarks of others that the lens hood for the Tamron
80-200 f/2.8 SP LD can be rather hard to find.

Found one . . . in very excellent condition . . . and received it this past
week.  As remarked upon by others it's quite robust . . . much more so than
than the plastic ones . . . and like the other Tamron hoods (plastic or
otherwise) it mounts reversed on the lens ring's bayonet lugs for the
hood.  Nice . . . very nice.  Only thing nicer would have been a built-in
hood, but that would have required changing the one-touch scheme.

Now I need to run it through some paces to see what it can do . . . some of
which will be a few astro-photos with its fast aperture . . . relatively
wide field compared to prime focus stuff through a 'scope.

-- John Lind
(Who really needs to get a GEM with polar alignment 'scope and RA drive for
doing the sky stuff)