[OM] 60mm Slide on hood - hard to find?

Subject: [OM] 60mm Slide on hood - hard to find?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:24:48 +1300
Curtis;

What you now need is patience, and then more patience. They DO come up
for auction sometimes.  Also, try a search on Google.

Sometimes list members have a spare too.

I got mine via ebay UK; it was damaged and out-of-round, so didn't cost
much. 15 minutes careful manual massage restored the round condition
sufficiently for it to work OK, and the cosmetics are OK.

These lenses are not all equal in my opinion. I have two and one is just not
sharp. I suspect it has been dropped. The other one I got for a song from an
Illinois Pawn shop; it is tack sharp; a real treasure.

Not a difficult lens to use, and the hood is well worth getting. Best wishes.

Brian