[OM] Re: E-lemma

Subject: [OM] Re: E-lemma
From: "BILL CLARK" <BCLARK@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:10:59 -0500
I thought this way as well, but with a Fuji S2 jpg there just is no point in
shooting RAW...yep it is that good.  I used to shoot RAW with the S2, as most
S2 users did, but there is no point once you think about the exposure a bit.

Mind you if I am going to try to enchance my dynamic range via stacking then
yes I will shoot RAW....but I rarely do this. any more

BILL CLARK wrote:

>in general yes, which is why with digital I always shoot about 1 stop
>under....you can then bring back whatever you want in your imaging
>editor...you can get perfectly exposed shots this way.  If you blow out your
>hilights there is no gettign them back in digital, so better to underexpose a
>bit.

Not always true. RAW format on many cameras gives extra leeway on the
overexposure end compared to JPEGs. In the case of the 300D I have,
there is about 1 stop of highlight data that can be retrieved from a RAW
file but isn't in a comparable JPEG. I understand this is true to more
or less degree for most DSLRs.

Moose

List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx