[OM] Re: focusing rail knob question

Subject: [OM] Re: focusing rail knob question
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:47:21 -0500
on 2004/10/31 10:34 PM, Jeff Keller at jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> My focusing stage
> has a slotted screw holding the knob connected to the pinion gear.
>
> The focusing rail is supposedly the same as the bellows. My bellows rail
> mount also has a slotted screw on the knob connected to the pinion gear..

My bellows and stage have a mixture - the bellows has one of these on the
rear standard knob.

> Perhaps someone couldn't find a screw and put a pin (the hollow kind used
> for locking gears knobs etc to shafts) in its place. You might be able to
> push it out or back in with a paper clip or stiff wire.

Good idea, but all I can get is a bit of extra resistance when the knob is
in what I think is its normal position. The bottom of the pin may be
damaged, or perhaps it's in a threaded hole and I'm just getting a bit of
play.

on 2004/11/01 11:50 AM, John Hermanson at omtech@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> My parts list shows that knob ZD4036 is held on with a set screw 2mm
> diameter, 3 mm long, silver finish. Part number for screw was NU2x3SN  (this
> may not apply to current part listing system for screws which would start
> with "WE xxxxxx")

Aha - thanks! What are the values of x though? I'll hope they have their
you-know-what together and have a cross-reference.

I'm not sure how to get the current items out - the hole in them looks
round. I'll take a shot of them and get it scanned.

Thanks,
Andrew