[OM] 3848850082 You know where

Subject: [OM] 3848850082 You know where
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:20:27 -0500
<snip>This is an example of how not to repair a lens. Take a look at the
pictures of the rear element and note the sharpie covered marrs around the
lens rings.<snip>

As with the pawnshop seller in Nevada, I quickly turn the page when I come
upon an auction by this guy.  In the past I've asked some questions about
lenses he was selling.  IIRC, his answers left me quite underwhelmed.  As
always, ask yourself how much are you willing to lose when placing your
maximum bid.  In other words, if you don't set your expectations too high,
your disappointment factor will be lower.  If you get a good deal you've
got room to crow over it.

Gary (Who's off to Savannah for a few days R&R and a much needed seafood fix)