[OM] Re: Trip to the big city - looking at cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Trip to the big city - looking at cameras
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:20:34 -0800 (PST)
> >>Ever use a 50s Praktica with waist level finder?

Actually, it wasn't too bad--considering the rest of the camera.
 That camera's saving grace was the screw lens mount.

> suspect that further development of the EVF will be the
> solution for
> small sensor DSLRs, as the pentaprism was for 35mm SLRs.

Having used the EVF in the A1 since March, I'd have to agree.  I
have a love/hate relationship with the EVF, but feel that with
higher resolution, higher bit-depth and lower delay (actual
real-time display), that EVFs are the future for most DSLRs.
It'll probably be five years before Canon introduces the 90D
Mark IV with an EVF and 175 frames per second with 120MP
sensors.  (Olympus will still be selling the E-1)

AG

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com