[OM] Re: 11/4 fragment of my day

Subject: [OM] Re: 11/4 fragment of my day
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:13:21 -0600
Quoting Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 23:01:23 -0600, Joel Wilcox
> <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > http://soli.inav.net/~jdub/day/day29.html
> >
> > Joel W.
>
> kinda like it, but the big swath of black shadow is
> fighting for
> attention, away from the capitol building which i assume
> is the primary
> subject given the title. plus the nearground tree's
> foliage is not nearly
> interesting enough (mostly too dark, and the sunlit patch
> isn't as bright
> or arresting as the red shrubbery farther down the field.
> just MO.
>
> --
> /S
> aim:iddibhai
> icq:104079359
> email/msn:msidd004atstudentdotucrdotedu

Siddiq, you are positively becoming jaded. ;-)

Seriously, it's too true.  I wish the light had been softer
and more diffuse, to open up the shadows a bit.  I work in
the building left of the Old Capitol and wait for this tree
to hit its peak every year.  I don't often get ideal light
at those moments.  This particular day was followed by 4
straight days of rain, after which the leaves were down.

I could probably make some improvements via Photoshop. And
then there's always next year ...  Thanks for your comments.

Joel W.