[OM] Re: E-1 7mm-14mm

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 7mm-14mm
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:23:08 -0800
My curiousity got me ... the guy at Adorama says they aren't in stock but
that they expect them in days. I replied but I heard they weren't going to
be available until February. He replied that's not what he is seeing ...

The 11-22 is nice but especially inside of homes, 11mm often isn't wide
enough. Ignoring resolution differences, the OM's can't be retired. The 7-14
wouldn't seem to have much aperture to work with; f4 wide open, stopping
down below f11 would probably diffraction limit (?). A fixed 7mm or 8.5mm
might be better but I haven't even heard rumors of one.

-jeff