[OM] Japan

Subject: [OM] Japan
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 20:18:09 -0800
I just got back from a tour of Japan. Amazing people and country. Felt
like a barbarian in a wonderful new place. With all the Japanese
tourists who tour their own country I was surprised to see very little
in the way of DSLRs. Mostly little digicams and legions of people
holding their cellphones up to the sights. An even older guy who was an
adult during WWII engaged me in conversation in Heroshima, took several
very studied shots of me with his Nikon F80 and promised me a print in
the mail. I sort of wished I was Japanese.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA