[OM] Re: T32 & T20 "hole" in the "O"

Subject: [OM] Re: T32 & T20 "hole" in the "O"
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:04:40 -0000
John Gruffydd wrote:

> AFAIK provided that the flash is quenched (before the capacitor has
> discharged completely), the quench circuit will generate the "OK"
> signal. If you don't get the signal, it means that the capacitor has
> discharged fully and the result may be under-exposure.

We both have fairly unusual surnames. I can honestly say I wasn't expecting to
meet someone off the IAM list here!

I find that where I haven't had the OK signal, about 50% tend to be
under-exposed and the rest are okay.

> In turn, the
> instruction to quench (the thryristor circuit terminates the flash
> before the capacitor has discharged fully) is derived from the camera
> in TTL mode or the light sensor in the "O" in Auto mode.

So the only way I can control the flash completely myself is to use the 32/16
settings on manual on the T32 (or equivalent on the T20)? And then I can
measure the flash/flashes with the flash meter, and then set the f-stop
accordingly.

Is there an easy way of triggering multiple flash units simultaneously for test
puroposes without using a spare body loaded with duff film?

Thanks,

Simon