[OM] Re: [OT] Paypal charges, was interesting items still getgood prices

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Paypal charges, was interesting items still getgood prices
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:12:35 EST
In a message dated 11/7/2004 2:47:54 PM Central Standard Time,
pinzgauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I had to  have a power chat with a
BestBuy manager because their anti-theft measures  and policies were really
starting to get intrusive. You can reach a point  that you chase off honest
customers at a greater loss than the  "shrinkage"/theft was to start with.

I'm walking in to the middle of this conversation as it is one I haven't
spent much time following.  So to the degree that I plow ground which has
already been plowed, I apologize.
We all get to pay for the "shrinkage/theft" through higher prices at stores
and higher charge card fees.  It is a little like the military, sh#$ flows
downhill and in the end the consumer pays.  I appreciate it when a retail
store
asks me for picture ID.  It lets me know the employee is looking out  for his
employer, his job and my credit card.  Each of these is  appreciated. On the
back of my credit cards, along with my signature, I've  written, "Please ask
for photo ID"

Back  to the credit charge vendor fees, they are no longer fixed for  most
non-paypal accounts.

Whenever I put a reserve on an item I list on ebay, I factor in all the
costs of the transaction in such a manner as to net me what I need out of the
deal.  Same thing I've done when selling a house.  I know what I need  to net,
so
I price it in such a way as to end up with my bottom line number or  perhaps
a bit more.  This is the same process any business uses when they  price a box
of tissues, a shirt, a bottle of adult beverage or whatever and  guess how
pays the charges in the middle?  The end consumer and that is  OK.  If one is
not comfortable with the system, which happens to feed us  all, then they need
to stop buying stuff.  That will show them, he said as  he toppled off his soap
box.  Bill Barber