[OM] Polaroid Remote Control Unit

Subject: [OM] Polaroid Remote Control Unit
From: "Bob Docherty" <lostkase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:59:01 -0500
I recently Eb*yed a remote unit. Looking at the connector and breaking out
my trusty $3.00 Ohm meter I created a connector using the speaker connector
form a defunct PC. Radio Shack provided an over-priced mini-plug. Ripping
the speaker connector from a dead pc supplied a plug in connector which
negated the need to cut up the standard connector. Hopefully when I yank the
camera off the remote, the connector will separate rather than the actual
wire!  I'm now the proud owner of a radio controlled remote switch  hooked
to my Winder 2. Now to use it!
What do most of you use this type of setup for? I imagine setting a camera
up at a bird feeder is an obvious use. Capturing racoons raiding the garbage
is probaby another.I had to reposition one wire on the speaker connector.

Bob