[OM] Re: [OT] Paypal charges, was interesting items still getgood prices

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Paypal charges, was interesting items still getgood prices
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:14:13 -0500
on 2004/11/07 4:12 PM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx at NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> If one is
> not comfortable with the system, which happens to feed us  all, then they need
> to stop buying stuff.  That will show them, he said as  he toppled off his
> soap box.

:-)

In the other examples you cite I have no problem as there is no way to
assign costs accurately to those incurring them - but wouldn't it be nice if
we could make thieves pay the theft costs?

In the case of CC charges it's easy at POS. Merchants have often found it
easy to offer a cash discount, so there's clearly no difficulty.

And bear in mind I am not advocating forced cash discounts (except maybe for
food and shelter). If the merchant doesn't want to do it that's their
beusiness, literally. Others will. I'd like CC companies to stop forcing
merchants to treat their service the same as something that costs less.

Andrew