[OM] Re: Pen FT

Subject: [OM] Re: Pen FT
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:05:20 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Gordon Ross wrote:

> I am the owner of 3 Pen FT's having overbought to have a prime example. I
> have a couple of questions.
> 1) Is the focus screen removeable? How?

Not really, it can be done but it requires disassembly of the porro prism.

> 2) I have a replacement eyepiece, how do you go about installing it?

Remove top, unscrew old eyepiece and replace, replace top.  The most difficult
part will be removing the self timer lever.  The centre button is a left hand
thread with nowhere to grab on to.  You need a good flexi-clamp to remove it
without damage.  You might get lucky and get it to come out with a rubber
stopper.

> 3) Is the cleaning of the finder easily accomplished, and if so what is the
> routine?

No.

> 4) Is there a downloadable Tech manual?

Not yet, I'm still looking for a good source for one.  As far as I know the
only thing that exists are parts diagrams, most of which are in quite poor
shape.
                                        -mark