[OM] Re: Northern Lights - Illinois

Subject: [OM] Re: Northern Lights - Illinois
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 07:48:22 -0800
Unfortunately it was very foggy/overcast here last night.  No possibilities
for observation.  If it lingers through tonight, perhaps.

> AG, I would be interested to hear whether your look out the door
> allowed you to see stars as well as a glow in the sky.

As to the question you asked Schnozz, on Sunday night here, the glow in the
Northern sky virtually obliterated all but a couple particularly bright
stars.  It diminished to where at the vertical most of the normally
observable star field was there.  As the bands of illumination strobed
through regions,  stars would of course be obliterated by the intermediate
light.