[OM] Re: E-300

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:15:46 -0800
I have liked black cameras too, knowing that they are the wrong color
for keeping the film or sensor cool. Trust me, it makes a difference
with film in places like Death Valley unless you like lime green sand
dunes. I realize the 300D has a good color for digital photography and
I do not have a problem with the color, just that kind of sticky,
urethane coated feel. I never objected to a chrome Leica or OM1,
although the black leatherette over the film compartment defeated the
effect of the chrome. I imagine that would happen too with the 300D. I
would guess that the conductivity of a metal body as opposed to th
insulating value of a plastic one is more important to the temperature
of the sensor.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA