[OM] Re: E-1 and OM System flash units?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and OM System flash units?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 07:14:31 -0500

The only OM flash which used a high voltage at the shoe terminals were
the QA300/QA310 flahes (approx 300V).  All the others (T-20, T-32, T-45,
F-280, T-Power) will be fine.

Interesting.  I didn't realize that the QA310 was a high voltage flash.
I don't own a QA310 (other than an AC adapter for same) but I find this
interesting since I do own an old high voltage Vivitar 283.  In the past
I have limited the use of the 283 to the OM-1 which has mechanical flash
contacts and is not affected by the high voltage.

If the QA310 is high voltage the implication is that the 283 could also
be used on my OM-2's and 2n's.  Are there any other OM bodies that can
survive a high voltage flash in the shoe?

For most things I'd use my T-32's but the 283 has some interesting
accessories like the vari-power module and remote sensor capability.

Chuck Norcutt