[OM] Re: Olympus Trouble

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Trouble
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:15:17 -0000
Winsor Crosby wrote:

>> I'm not sure if that indicates trouble.
> Did you miss the projected $180 million loss for the
> year from just the camera division?

There are losing long-standing customers to the likes of Canon and Nikon in the
digital market like rats leaving a sinking ship. Underestimating brand loyalty
a huge error of judgment. They have to stop that flow now.

I still think that 2 digital OM system bodies (one very basic and the other
with display, but both with quality > 6mp sensors) to keep the likes of us
within the fold (I'd buy one tomorrow) could turn their fortunes. But in
another year or two it may well be too late.

Simon