[OM] Re: Olympus Trouble (OM-Digital??!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Trouble (OM-Digital??!)
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:42:53 -0500
Your idea/suggestion isn't wrong, it's just not economically viable, IMO.

R&D projects get prioritized at these big companies and the coffers aren't
bottomless.  Unless something like your suggestion, being non-mainstream, is
some executive's pet project or a project that cheaply leverages other
tooling/technology/subsystems, it dies a quick death when the accountants look
at it.

Look at the Epson/Cosina RD1 where the paired Cosina's body with Epson's
digital technology, both of which pre-existed.

Skip