[OM] Re: Olympus Trouble

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Trouble
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:52:59 -0600
Quoting Simon Worby <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> There are losing long-standing customers to the likes of Canon and
> Nikon in the digital market like rats leaving a sinking ship.
> Underestimating brand loyalty a huge error of judgment. They have
> to stop that flow now.

I'm not a "long-standing" customer like many of you, but when I
decided to buy a digital camera a couple of years ago, quite honestly,
I didn't spend long thinking about Olympus. 4/3 was not nearby on the
horizon and, given Olympus' falling share of the market and how slow
they were to get on board digital, investing heavily in Oly gear
seemed like a bit of a financial gamble to me.

Steve