[OM] Witnessed correspondence* Re: eBay Item #3809545405 - Zuiko 21/2.0

Subject: [OM] Witnessed correspondence* Re: eBay Item #3809545405 - Zuiko 21/2.0 lens serial # 101680
From: Gordon Ross <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:30:29 -0700
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
Robert Wallace

One condition that must be met in order to accomplish any resolution, you
must contact eBay and request removal of the libelous feedback that you left
about me both on my site and yours, that accomplished I will then settle the
payment.

 Here is what you charged me--

 $660.00 for lens
$17.25 for insurance (Aust equivalent = $23.00)
$10.20 for airmail fee + padded packaging (Aust equiv $12.50)
$27.50 for PayPal fee (at 4%) NOTE: this should not have been charged as it
against PayPal rules

 Total $714.95        ($139.52 was paid in cash and $575.43 by Visa)

The $575.43 Visa payment was reversed due to the wrong lens being sent. As
 you are well aware this reversal has been approved by eBay, PayPal, the
Royal Bank of
 Canada and the Merchant Bank of Australia. I believe that you also were
banned from eBay for 30 days, so please do not imply that this was just
brought to your attention.

There are some adjustments to be made.

The illegal Paypal fee overcharge of $27.50 will be subtracted. Also $80.00
for the repair of  the lens you sent (the cost of removing the contact
cement, adjusting the focus ring play and replacing the focus ring rubber
should be borne by yourself as your delay in resolving this left me with no
choice but to make it operational so I could engage in photography for the
last seven months, and you  will be receiving the lens back in much better
condition than you sent it. I promise also, to
 not just wrap it in a little bubble wrap and toss it in an envelope like
you did, it will be boxed in styrofoam. We would have to subtract $27.45 for
the cost of insured airmail and padded packaging and I will prepay the
return shipping of the wrong lens that you sent.

So Payment in full would be-

$575.43
-  27.50 PayPal fee overcharge
-  80.00 repair cost
-  27.45 insured return airmail and packaging

Total  $440.80

I am prepared to pay this in full upon delivery of the correct lens. When
can I expect delivery of the Zuiko 21/2.0 lens  serial # 101680 that I
bought as pictured in your auction eBay Item #3809545405 ? I am of  course
expecting that since it was your error that you will cover the insured cost
of shipping the correct lens to me and will package it well as it is a
beautiful looking lens in your picture, that would be much appreciated.

Upon receipt of the correct lens I will forward payment in full and return
the lens that you mistakenly sent serial # 101664.   Should you wish to
cover the full cost for a reputable escrow service (I must approve of the
choice), I am fine with allowing an independant agency to handle the
exchange of lenses and my payment in full. I can assure you that you do not
need to go to this expense as I have been eager to get this resolved since
April 13th when I first contacted you and have a great interest in getting
the actual lens that I purchased. I am afraid that I must set a 30 day
window on this as it has dragged on way too long, failure on your part to
honor the original sale by Dec. 10th  will force me to accept the loss of
the $139.52 that you have of my money, the cost of repair of the wrong lens
you sent, time loss preparing briefs for eBay, PayPal, Royal Bank and
Merchant Bank, at that time I will accept the wrong lens as fair and equal
settlement of these costs and will have no further contact or business of
any kind with you.

 Sincerely,
Gordon John Ross CFP CLU ChFC RHU

PS There are 500 witness's to all correspondence.