[OM] Re: OT--new GTO?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT--new GTO?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:43:42 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2004 8:13:54 AM Central Standard Time,
GMcGrath@xxxxxxx writes:

I've  never owned a manual, but there's a big difference in highway mileage
on the  GTO and I've got this little voice in the
back of my head that says "Go  hard core."

Listen to the voice!  It has nothing to do with highway mileage.   The best
reason I can come up with for getting a manual transmission is that  you've
never had one.  My first new car was a 1967 Chevelle SS396 with a  stick shift
(three on the floor, which was a very unusual configuration).   Lots of
memories
and it is in deed fortunate that I lived to be as old as I  am.  Buy a radar
detector.

One of the lessons I learned from my father was, "Buy the best that you  can
afford, you will never be disappointed with quality."  So if we apply  this
here, it would seem the '05 GTO might be your choice.  Another lesson  I
learned
along the way was to buy what you really want, because if you settle  or
compromise too much, you probably won't be happy.  Not too many years  ago, I
wanted a new Chevy Suburban, but didn't think I could afford it, so I  bought
an
extended cab Chevy truck.  That lasted less than a year and half  and I was
back at the dealer buying a new Suburban.  I'm now on my  third Suburban from
that dealer, having put well over 200,000 miles on the  first one and a good
bit
less than that on the second one, before my daughter  decided she needed it to
carry my two grandsons to soccer games and such  activities.

Obligatory OM content: Before you go to the dealer stop buy your local
camera store and buy something Olympus that you have been needing.

Bill Barber