[OM] Re: ( OM ) e*ay charges, while we are on about that

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) e*ay charges, while we are on about that
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:05:50 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> >It seems the big guys don't do all that great of job taking care of the
> >small details.
> >
> Right, that's why they are still in business. Individuals tend to
> misunderstand the cost structure of warehousing, handling and shipping.
>
> Moose

Sarcasm??? or acknowledging that small sales are a money looser???

I doubt I would buy another T cord from B&H; yaBe has been more accurate.
However I wouldn't hesitate to buy a lens from B&H. A higher than necessary
shipping charge just means I phone occaisional small orders in rather than
internet them in. My decision isn't based on whether they make money just
whether the cost is competitive, the vendor is trustworthy, and whether the
product is worth the cost to me.

My experience has been that they don't know and won't check whether an
Adaptall 2 is labeled OL or OM. They will check on the details of a lens
(not sure if I checked both Adorama & B&H on this one).

My experience;
Adorama - shipped wrong lens, only right 50% of the time identifying a
vivitar series 1 T mount
B&H - don't know T-cords
KEH - mis-identified a T28, resulting phone contact not completly satisfying
Henrys - the two or three orders were fine, shipping seemed a little higher
than others.

I will almost surely buy from all of them in the future, but not certain
items! They are all good stores but their mistakes have unecessarily cost me
money ... they didn't do that great of job of taking care of the small
details.

YMMV

-jeff