[OM] Re: E-300

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:20:02 -0500

On 11/9/2004 at 8:58 PM Moose wrote:

<major snip>

>The rules for digital are different, put your thinking cap on when doing
>things that seem second nature, pay attention, and your photos will
>improve.

I have NEVER understood why most camera/gadget bags are black.  (OK, the "black
is sexier" sentiment among those who choose style over function is the factor,
I suppose.)  Yes, I know we have a number of members who use Billingham and
similar bags, which are available in non-black colours.  One of my very good OM
buddies went so far as to replace OM and Zuiko leatherettes and focusing rings
with white Xerox copier transfer belt material.  Looked way cool, and was much
more practical.  Better grip surface, too, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I like great style.  And I prefer chrome to black, though I
admit black OMs are very nice looking.  But if style gets significantly
degrades function or performance, it has to go.

Anyway, you might want to add bag colour to your list of differences between
digital and film.

Earl