[OM] Re: Some new PEN FT photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Some new PEN FT photos
From: Der Eiserne Reiter <ferider@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:00:24 -0800 (PST)
I am using a Minolta Multi II with a slide feeder; Vuescan for half format, and
the Minolta
software for 35mm and MF. Due to the feeder, for 35mm and half format I do
autofocus on
a given point in the picture. I scan to full resolution, and then post-process
in NeatImage/PSP for printing, and down-sample for the web. Maybe I should scan
separately
for web publication ? I have been playing with the idea of buying a flat-bed
scanner,
but couldn't really convince myself (and my better half ...) yet.

Thanks,

Roland.

--- Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Der Eiserne Reiter wrote:
>
> >The slide was better than the scan, I am using NeatImage in batch mode in
> >between scanning
> >and PSP, which I should have skipped for the Heron.
> >
> I've tried NeatImage and don't think it adds anything to images for the
> web, where sizes are too small to show grain in all be very close crops.
>
> > I am still refining my flow,
> >and getting the same focus as on the originals seems to be the biggest
> >problem
> >with my setup. The easiest slides to focus are the MF ones, but this is
> >because the film
> >is put in between glass plates ...
> >

> What scanner are you using? Tests have shown that some flatbeds focus
> best somewhat above the glass and folks are doing individual tests and
> shimming up their film holders.
>
> Moose

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx