[OM] Re: Re: Another flash question, I'm afraid

Subject: [OM] Re: Re: Another flash question, I'm afraid
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:02:09 -0000
Andreas Pirner wrote:

> Simon Worby wrote:
>> If the OM-2(N) is used with T-flash but set to auto (rather than
>> "full control by OM-2"), could the OM-2(N) attempt to quench the
>> flash itself (rather than the flash doing it) when it thought
>> there was enough light, and would it succeed?
>
> No. The sensor of the flash takes full control.
> The TTL-OTF measurement is disabled.

Thanks Andreas and Moose.

Do you mean that the flash would ignore the quench signal on Auto, or that the
camera would not send the quench signal (I presume the former since I think
that the camera doesn't "know" anything about the flash unit)?

I believe someone told me that the "full auto control by OM2" setting is
actually just full-power flash which is quenched early by the camera. Would I
then be right in thinking that also on both "manual" settings the camera will
quench the flash early if it sees fit? And that there is thus no way of forcing
full flash power on manual with T-series on hot shoe 3/4?

(BTW, I am heading somewhere on this...)

Thanks,

Simon