[OM] Re: Canon D20

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon D20
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:52:20 +1100
Well Canon did really when they went from FD mount to EOS. In fact you
can put almost any lens on an EOS (I've used Zuiko, M42 and Pentacon P6
lenses) EXCEPT an FD/FL lens! You need an expensive adaptor with an
optical element. Nikon's generation change was more gradual but I
suspect that F lenses aren't too functional on a D body or even an F5,
I think. The brilliance of Canon was to design a really clever mount in
1988.
AndrewF