[OM] Re: If you were only allowed three (3) types of OM body.....

Subject: [OM] Re: If you were only allowed three (3) types of OM body.....
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:28:06 -0500
The original 10 has composite PLASTIC shutter curtain shafts, that's the
main reason the motor drive is not meant to be used with it.  At 5 fps, the
shafts melt.  The OM-G (and OM-10 above serial number 2,000,000) have a new
modular shutter with metal shafts.  The G especially really flies with the
MD attached. Unfortunately, even after moving the magnet up front away from
the shutter gears, it still occasionally suffers from oil on the magnet
syndrome.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,
631-424-2121, www.zuiko.com