[OM] Re: Canon D20

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon D20
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:11:47 -0800
If you want a camera that appeals to the widest possible market, C*n*n has
been pretty hard to beat for quite a few years. With the D20 being very new,
it is probably the current one to beat. If you think that Olympus will
target a large niche market that fits you, and if their current offering
fits your current needs, the E-1 can be a good way to go.

C*n*n has "proven" themselves to be a safe bet but I believe Olympus will
try to differentiate themselves from mainstream thought much like they did
with the OM-1. C*n*n will try to control mainstream thought

I took a quick look and didn't see prices on yaBe that much cheaper than
Adorama - at stores the 1D2 is quite a bit more money than the E-1, the D20
seems pretty comparable..

-jeff