[OM] Re: MA-1, was Re: Canon D20

Subject: [OM] Re: MA-1, was Re: Canon D20
From: Mike Lees <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:39:17 +0000
In April this year, after the E-1 was available in the shops in the UK, I
went to an informal event at a local electrical wholesaler.

Olympus UK were taking the opportunity of promoting their digicams to
customers. The wholesaler didn't sell the E-1 so it wasn't on show but I did
ask the Olympus rep about it and the adaptor.

He definitely knew of its existence - he said that it had originally been
developed for microscope/telescope applications.

He wasn't sure whether it would be available in the UK, and doubted that
Olympus UK would ever officially acknowledge its existence.

He was however an OM user (OM3-Ti) so he can't be all bad.

I dealt with David Williams at Olympus UK regarding my C-2100 developing
Sudden Seath Syndrome - 1 month out of warranty. They denied all knowledge of
it being a known problem until I sent them a fax detailing numerous internet
sources describing the issue and how Olympus could fix it.

Mike.