[OM] Re: OM 1 MD Motordrive Cover

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 1 MD Motordrive Cover
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:32:01 -0000
Evan Ruff wrote:

> I just picked up an OM1 MD off the 'bay for $66. It came today and I was
> pleasantly surprised. Everything appears to work properly, in good
> condition, no scratches, etc. After throwing a new battery in it, everything
> seems good.

Yes, they seem remarkably cheap now.

> The only problem is, I'm missing the MD cover. Does anyone know where I can
> pick one of these up? Are they still available AT ALL?

Only 2nd hand off eBay: it would appear to be a trick of some traders who take
them off bodies and sell them separately as they fetch more that way than
together. You may be able to find some brand new old stock, but they tend to be
very expensive.

> Also, is an OM1 MD the same as an OM-1N?

No, the OM-1MD is an OM1 with Motor Drive coupling facility. The OM-1N is a
later model with Shoe 4 flash connector (instead of Shoe 1) and flash ready
(red) and flash OK (red flashing) indicator in the top LHS of the viewfinder.
There may be other differences as well, and I'm not the expert here (!) but
those are the visible ones.

Regards,

Simon