[OM] Re: OM4ti

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4ti
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:41:08 -0800
Francisco,

You will find a few listed as new on eb*y. They may not truely be new. Also
the eb*y id olympususa is NOT really Olympus USA. The surplus OM equipment
owned by Olympus America is being sold under eb*y id olympusauctions. They
haven't sold any OM-4Ti bodies for a long time.

On eb*y.com a very nice black OM4-Ti will probably cost about $700. A very
nice champagne one will probably cost aout $500. If obviously worn paint
doesn't bother you, they can be bought for less.

You can probably find a very nice looking OM4 for about $250. The OM4 seems
to be the current bargain black camera. My 20 year old OM4 recently had its
lens locking mechanism adjusted but has had no other service since when I
bought it new. I often see very nice black OM-2n cameras listed at $250 but
haven't noticed if they sold.

Good luck, -jeff