[OM] Boxes, empty boxes, large and small

Subject: [OM] Boxes, empty boxes, large and small
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:24:18 +0000
So many of you, both on and off list, have asked for my boxes that it makes me
just suspicious enough that I've decided to keep them.  Sorry.

I'm highly opinionated and freely express my dedication to film and dislike for
digital.  But I'm also easily influenced and might at any moment jump over to
the dark side and start selling OM gear to finance the purchase of one of those
devil's tools.  As some have pointed out, having the boxes might potentially be
beneficial to such an endeavor.

For example, I have a champagne OM-4Ti that I got from a list member a couple
of years ago.  He had never even put a roll of film in it.  I've used it only
as my Kodachrome camera, which means it's getting less and less use.  It's had
only about 20 rolls run through it, and because of the type neck straps I use,
there are no rub marks about the strap lugs and corners.  It's had a motor
drive attached at all times, so even the tripod socket area is unscathed.
Since it never had any film in it but Kodachrome, there was never any reason to
use the memo holder, so it's unmarked.  The point is, there's not a scratch or
scrape anywhere on this body, and I don't think it would be the least bit
unethical to sell it as LNIB.  I mean, "LN" is a pretty nebulous term, subject
to all sorts of interpretations, and I've got the B to put it I.  I bet ol'
Jonnequin would snap it up and resell it for a lot more as mint or NIB.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --