[OM] Re: another 135mm, focal length no one likes

Subject: [OM] Re: another 135mm, focal length no one likes
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:55:15 -0500
At 09:30 PM 11/18/04, Wayne Culberson wrote:

>Why do I have several 135mm lenses, when it is one focal length I seldom
>ever use? Anyone else have this kind of trouble?

Nope . . . have it (135/2.8 Zuiko MC) . . . use it reasonably often . . .
as often as the other lengths . . . but only need one, thank you.

It's one of the "forgotten" fixed focal lengths and I've found it a handy
one to have!  A little longer than the 100mm, but still can be hand held
reasonably well.  f/2.8 for that length is enough speed for nearly all uses
and the Zuiko is still fairly light and compact given its speed and focal
length . . . maintaining a 55mm filter ring.

-- John Lind