[OM] Re: MA-1, was Re: Canon D20

Subject: [OM] Re: MA-1, was Re: Canon D20
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:15:33 +0000
That is interesting Cy, thanks.  I visited the Olympus UK HQ in
Southall in 1996 when Ian Aston, the editor of Olympus User magazine,
put a pristine OM2N up for sale.  It did not look like a very big HQ to
me, so perhaps they do keep people on, and on.....

Chris

On 19 Nov 2004, at 0:55, CyberSimian wrote:

> Chris Barker wrote:
>> I dealt with David Williams at Olympus UK
>
> Wasn't David Williams the original importer of Olympus equipment back
> in the
> 1960s?  They occupied the same premises as Olympus UK do today, so I
> would
> surmise that they were bought out by Olympus Japan when the latter
> wanted to
> form their own UK subsidiary.
>
> Perhaps the David Williams you corresponded with is the original one,
> now in
> his dotage, semi-retired, wandering around the building answering
> emails on
> any unattended PC that he happens to encounter...
>
> -- from Cy in the UK
<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.