[OM] Ultimate Stitch

Subject: [OM] Ultimate Stitch
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:40:17 -0800
2.5 gigapixel panorama from an ordinary camera.

TNO has produced the largest digital panoramic photo in the world. So,
what do we mean by large? After all, modern consumer cameras can easily
take a picture with 5 million pixels. Well, we are talking about a
photo of completely different dimensions. One with 2.5 billion pixels -
that's 500 times more pixels. If this photo were printed, it would
measure 6.67 m by 2.67 m (300 dpi). The photograph shows Delft and its
surroundings in the autumn of 2004. It was taken the top of the
Electrical Engineering faculty of Delft University, at a height of
about 100 m, by TNO.

http://www.tpd.tno.nl/smartsite966.html

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA