[OM] Re: Some new PEN FT photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Some new PEN FT photos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:08:45 -0800
C.H.Ling wrote:

>I have download the image to PS and try to play with some sharpening and
>color balance, I didn't found any resolution different between the two 5000F
>scans. The one at left was due to less (or no) sharpen applied, you can try
>it out yourself.

Neither one was sharpened. I would be possible that the CanoScan
software would do some sharpening without being told, but I'm sure that
Vuescan didn't, and the CanoScan was the softer one.So VueScan elicits
more sharpness without adding sharpening. If I cared about using the
5000F for scanning 35mm, I would try sharpening both to optimum and then
comparing them, but I don't care. I have my new FS4000 to learn.

So when you were talking about the 4780 haveing equal sharpness/detail
capture with both softwares, was that before or after post scanning
sharpening?

Moose