[OM] Re: [photo] Fall Mist

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] Fall Mist
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 04:37:32 -0800 (PST)
Graham,

Thanks for the feedback.  I was on the fence as to which one I liked
best... the wife likes the 2nd as well.  I agree with Mike, that
especially in the first one, it looks as if the camera was out of
level, though I'm usually careful with that.  Maybe it's just an
optical conclusion :) though it does bother me a bit when I look at the
print.  Looking forward to seeing your "borrowed" images. :)

Richard
--- GeeBee <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Both very fine. For me the second one just has the edge. Firstly
> because of
> the extra stillness conveyed by the larger area of flat calm water.
> Secondly
> the increased depth both from the position of the reeds in the
> foreground
> and their extra saturation in comparison to the progressively
> increasing
> effect of the mist towards the horizon.
>
> I will be out walking later today and the effectiveness of those
> images will
> be in my head. If I see anything similar I will copy/steal them
> without a
> seconds hesitation :-) Good stuff.

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com