[OM] Re: Level photography ;-), was [photo] Fall Mist

Subject: [OM] Re: Level photography ;-), was [photo] Fall Mist
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:00:05 -0800 (PST)
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your comments.  You are correct in your observation that the
left bank is higher than the right.  Also, the row of trees in the
background slanted away from me and I believe that also adds to the
feeling that the photo is off-level.  Wouldn't the top line as well as
the bottom line of the trees converge as the distance increased?  In
any case I still agree that the photo would improve if slightly
rotated.

A portable bubble level on the flash shoes helps me, sometimes just
stepping away from the tripod and looking at its relationship to the
terrain is enough for adjustment though the eye is always the final
judge.

Richard

http://my.yahoo.com