[OM] Re: Adjusted for level, was Level photography ;-), was [photo] Fall

Subject: [OM] Re: Adjusted for level, was Level photography ;-), was [photo] Fall Mist
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:19:40 -0500
on 2004/11/20 1:48 PM, Richard Lovison at sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I rotated the images 1.5 degrees to the left in
> photoshop and I feel that helps a bit.  Now that I look at them again,
> it could possibly have gone 2 degrees, especially in the first.

I think you may be right about going a little more, but Chris seems to have
a better sense of level (bet that's hell as a flight instructor :-) ).

Here's a possible experiment: find the last angle (largest CCW rotation) at
which the image still seems tilted a bit clockwise. Then find the first
angle (smallest CCW rotation) at which it starts to look a bit tilted the
other way. Then go halfway between. The difference between the two angles
would be an interesting thing to know, though it would probably vary between
images.

I notice my Manfrotto 410 head has a circular level in it - I should test to
see how sensitive it is. There are also ones which fit in the hotshoe (if
that's reliably true to the film).

Andrew