[OM] Re: Level photography ;-), was [photo] Fall Mist

Subject: [OM] Re: Level photography ;-), was [photo] Fall Mist
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:24:16 -0600
At 08:41 AM 11/20/2004 -0800, you wrote:

>Quick question the comment was made that the Om-1 shoe was not always
>level.  This kind of explains why when I used a level in it sometimes the
>photo was not level.
>Is the Om-4t shoe level or does it suffer the same problem and if it is not
>where on the camera can you use a level?
>Thanks John Gettis

I believe John H. once made the comment that when he has to top off a OM-2S
or OM-4(x), he always tightens down the shoe.  I suspect that there are a
lot of loose shoes out there.  More to the point, I just don't think that
design was made to be perfectly square to the edge of the film.  What I
have done is test my camera against a known level surface (like
water).  Look and see where your bubble is in the spirit level and that's
your new point of reference.

Joel W.