[OM] Re: Bargain

Subject: [OM] Re: Bargain
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:04:32 -0800

> it just won't talk to the SCSI card.

Wayne, Those original Adaptec scsi cards that came with the scanner were
a dumbed down version. I switched to a newer PCI scsi2 card  which
doesn't give windoze IRQ assignment fits. That may be your problem. The
new card also allows me to daisy chain my other scanner. The older scsi
version is a little faster but only 24bits instead of 30 IIRC. It isn't
worth the upgrade to the S20 at this point in time. But I think it might
be worth the $15 for a new skuzzy card if you can't sort out the IRQ
assignments manually.

mike