[OM] Re: another 135mm, focal length no one likes - Vivitar 135mm f2.3

Subject: [OM] Re: another 135mm, focal length no one likes - Vivitar 135mm f2.3
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:03:46 -0500
I had the Vivitar Series 1 135/2.3 for a while, but it offered few significant
advantages over the svelte Zuiko 135/2.8.  The S1 is much heavier, esp with
it's 72mm filter, vs. the Zuiko's 55mm filter.  IMO, you pay a lot for that 2/3
stop in extra brightness.  Is it worth it?  Maybe.

The Vivitar is a very nice performer though.

Skip