[OM] Re: Is there something to see in Scotland ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is there something to see in Scotland ?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:10:48 +0000
Hi Guillaume

Kelso is in the south of Scotland and the Highlands are a long way
north.  However, there is still plenty of lovely scenery to the west
and the south of Kelso.  You should also travel to the east coast and
see Lindisfarne (the Holy Islands) and Dunstanburgh Castle
(http://www.touruk.co.uk/castles/castle_Dunstanburgh.htm).

The Cheviots are to the south of Kelso and Hadrian's Wall runs
east-west near there.  There is a great deal to see mon brave... :-)

Your use of " awful" is not quite right nowadays.  It has been replaced
(unfortunately) by the rather ugly "awesome" from the USA.  The word
you used now means "horrible" ... :-)  It used to mean "fantastic".

Chris

On 22 Nov 2004, at 13:18, Guillaume Remy wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm planning a trip to Scotland next summer: the 16th   world meeting
> of 2cv friends
> (http://www.2cvgb.co.uk/) holds in Kelso.
>
> My idea would be to remain a few days more (1 à 2   weeks, depends of
> the program) to catch some
> breathetaking places on film and, perhaps, to do some tourism.
>
> Scottish members, and others who know Scotland, I know you're on the
> list ! So please, help me to
> miss not *what you just can't miss when you'll be there*.
>
> thanks in advance,
> Guillaume
>
> PS: while about writing, Dean: your shots are awful ! The same worth
> for Graham.. seeing your
> photos is always delighting & frustrating. "How do they do !?"

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.
+44 (0)7092 251126