[OM] Re: [OT] Another update on the helicopter pilot

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Another update on the helicopter pilot
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:13:43 +0000
Thanks Chuck, that's good news.  Good news that he is flying of course,
not that he is risking his life in nap-of-the-earth flying among
unfriendly types.  As well as praying that he comes home soon, let's
pray that life in that poor country comes good before too, too long.

Chris

On 22 Nov 2004, at 16:14, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> However, this didn't last very long before the Army National Guard
> promoted him to major, sent him back to Fort Rucker for extensive
> training in helicopter logistics planning and support and then packed
> him off to Iraq for a year.  That's where he is now and working his
> butt
> off but is not on flight status at the moment since he's never been
> trained on a Blackhawk.  These days he's riding only as a passenger.
> They fly low and fast to avoid ground fire and he gets very nervous
> near
> power lines when he's not in control.
>
> We're hoping he'll be back within a few months and hope his job with
> the
> TSA will still be there for him.  Since the TSA job pays a little more
> than the State Police disability retirement income, the state doesn't
> actually have to pay him anything until he has passed what would have
> been the 20 years of service date.  That's not so far away so he will
> soon have that as additional income.
>
> So, in a nutshell he's doing OK and hoping soon to resume a more normal
> life.  The insurgent rocket and mortar attacks are fairly ineffective
> but disconcerting nevertheless.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker