[OM] Re: Is there something to see in Scotland ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is there something to see in Scotland ?
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:23:37 -0500
on 2004/11/22 8:18 AM, Guillaume Remy at guillaumme_75@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm planning a trip to Scotland next summer: the 16th   world meeting of 2cv
> friends
> (http://www.2cvgb.co.uk/) holds in Kelso.
>
> My idea would be to remain a few days more (1 à 2   weeks, depends of the
> program) to catch some
> breathetaking places on film and, perhaps, to do some tourism.
>
> Scottish members, and others who know Scotland, I know you're on the list ! So
> please, help me to
> miss not *what you just can't miss when you'll be there*.

My relatives in Kelso tell me there are castles and houses and such to see
there, but I didn't get a chance on the last trip. The Borders area (around
Kelso) is beautiful rolling hills.

Not far north is Tantallon Castle, a half-ruined castle in a spectacular
setting on a cliff by the sea. Dirleton Castle is also photogenic. Dunbar
Castle is pretty ruined but Dunbar itself is quite picturesque in places.

Further north on the east coast there are more castles that were never
ruined (I gather their masters collaborated). We missed this area for lack
of time; I intend not to next time.

I could photograph in Edinburgh for days. The old city is all stone.

The northwest coast is gorgeous, but you may not have time to get there and
back. Then again I'd be tempted to get there and *not* get back.

Andrew