[OM] A miracle!! Louie is well!

Subject: [OM] A miracle!! Louie is well!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:40:33 +0000
Louie wasn't sick after all.  He was only suffering from dumb owner syndrome.

I had a bunch of bad Bunny 357s!  After two rolls of Kodachrome today, the
champagne OM-4Ti locked up, wanting new batteries.  Not a big surprise, since
it's probably been close to two years since it had new ones.  But new batteries
didn't work.  Battery check said "no, no."  I tried two more.  Same story.

These were batteries I got a couple of years ago from Twin Cities and had
stored in the fridge with the film.  I took out a couple of strips of five when
we went to Destin, Fla., back in September.  Now, for some reason, they're all
dead.  Must be the Florida air.  A couple from an equally-old strip of five
right out of the fridge and warmed for 10 minutes or so in my pants pocket
while I stomped around the house and raved and ranted about all things
electronic solved the problem and the champagne one was happy once again.

Then the little bulb above my head came on and I went to fetch Louie from the
box I had plopped him in in anticipation of packing him up in order to send him
off to John.  New and GOOD batteries did the trick!  He's back to his old self.

These things apparently don't have much of a shelf life.  Is it possible that
refrigerating them might not be a good idea?

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --